Saturday, May 17, 2008

B/w Good and evil a wall

Antinationalist's thought:
Between evil and good, a wall.

I've been homeless, living at my friend's apartment to another. It's not that I'm really homeless, it's just that I have a home but I don't feel comfortable living in it any more, so I preferred to roam around. I'm at my friend's apartment. I just prayed Alfajir, and my hair is still wet from Wudu. The room is quiet, and the fan is spinning and its shades moving on the room's four walls. I could hear Um Kulthom classic songs coming through the wall and underneath the door from a next door room. Five Arabs roommates are there, laughing and chatting. Their laughters are loud and as meaningless as their conversations. They just finished smoking their last weed pot, and got drunk enough. I question myself a lot and realize that there is also a physical thin line between evil and good, and it was a wall. Like any wall in history, like the great wall of China, the Berlin wall, and the wall in Gazah. However, my wall is more personal, and socially sad. It's so fragile, insecure and thin comparing to the others. My wall is just to show you how society has become, and how evil and good exist in one house under one roof divided by a wall or two. All I could do is to put the pillow around my ears to hardly fall asleep and pretend there's only light not dark.

Good Night dear readers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least the walls outside are apparent to us.

As for the wall in our heart, it is invisible.

We have God’s guidance first, then our instincts to let us know where we’re standing. But unfortunately, many of us decide to neglect those voices and fool ourselves by saying that if the wall is invisible, then it is the same as if it doesn’t exist.

Anonymous said...

deep.

Anonymous said...

Wow..your writing is truly amazing. Keep that wall as solid as it is now,allah y8aweek.